Friday 21 October 2011

Poetry of the Sea - Continued

A few readers of our blog have requested more poems. I have written my favourite poem so far:

The Dog

There was once a very sad dog.
'Nobody here wants me,'
He thought, walking through a fog,
'And I know what people see.'

People glared at him as he walked,
Some were women, but most were guys.
People stared at him, none talked,
He hung his head and closed his eyes.

The dog was feeling lowly,
When he saw some eyes look back,
So he stopped walking slowly,
and saw the girl in black.

She looked at him, he looked at her,
And heard her kind voice say,
"Oh, look at that poor puppy.
See him; he's a stray."

The girl walked past every day.
The dog took care to be there.
And every day that girl would say,
"If only I could have him,
'cause I alone would care."

One day the girl was walking
over to the dog.
And when she spoke, her words
seemed to clear away the fog.

And she knelt down and said,
"Dad said I could keep you,
and give you home and bed,
to stop you feeling blue."

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Love this one Haydee, Very Clever.