Saturday 9 July 2011

House-boat?

Two maddeningly long days ago, we began moving out of the house, taking with us, the essentials to go on our BIG trip up the east coast of Australia. We finished today, and are now officially living on our Butt (AKA Boat). We begin sailing tomorrow, on Sunday the 10th of July. We'll be entering our journey on the blog, so stay tuned.

Thank you to all my friends for the lovely scrapbook that you all made me. I love it and, yes, it brings back all sorts of happy memories. I have it with me on the Butt and I will keep it with me for ever.

We've all been working VERY hard to get the house immaculate, which I think makes us all deserve ice-creams, but it may take an effort to convince Dad. During many hours of slavish cleaning, we have uncovered that one of my (many!!) talents, I regret to say, is cleaning fridges, a highly disgusting job that I would advise EVERYONE to avoid AT ALL COSTS, but if you will pay me for it, I will gladly do it for $100 per gruesome minute. A bit more enjoyable, is scraping the frost from the freezer, which does NOT include meeting all kinds of gunk.

All in all, we're looking forward to our holiday which begins tomorrow.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Hi Buggy, This is Grandma, can you please clean my fridge?

Haydee said...

Yes, but it will cost you, and you will have to wait a while.