Wednesday 28 September 2011

Poetry of the Sea

Some days I feel that I want to write some poems. I've written three so far that I want to share:

Sluggy
Hi. My name is Buggy.
Sometimes I like the name 'Sluggy'.
Slugs are tall,
Slugs are small,
Slugs squirm on the ground.
Slugs are fat,
Slugs are flat,
Slugs spin round and round.

Dogs or Boats?
Dogs have tails and boats have sails,
Dogs can swim and boats can skim,
Over the sea.
For a dog I wish and in a boat I fish,
Dogs say 'woof' and boats sink, poof,
To the depths that I can't see.

I Feel so Small
I feel so small,
In the galaxy,
Not at all tall,
Like a fallacy.

I feel like a dream,
A hope that's unreal,
How teeny I seem,
How tiny I feel.

I think I'm an atom,
Smaller than a mouse,
I feel like a phantom,
Smaller than a louse.

I see the stars glittering above me,
A million light bulbs glowing so high,
A million or more, that's how many I see,
Shining and shimmering up in the sky.

If man can't reach the edge of our galaxy,
How many planets could be out there?
How many stars that we can't see?
How many comets could there be?

Even though I'm tiny in a big galaxy,
Though I may seem inconsequential,
I'm very big and important to me,
In the galaxy I'm essential!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your poems rock, Bugs. I particularly like "I feel so small"! Love Mum!

Aunty Karyn said...

Cool poems H. You should write a book!!

Grandma said...

I just read you poems kids, loved them, what good work you are doing. Mum must be a really good teacher.

It was just lovely to see you at Nikki's wedding, you are both growing up so quickly. Miss you.
Lots of love, Grandma XXX